Creating on a regular basis has taught us something very important: Things evolve and change. For example, I've begun projects with no particular goal in mind and have ended up illustrating key stories in my life. Things change, perspective shifts, and the journey is full of bends and turns.
As it turns out, this is true for IllustratingStories.com, too. While our blog has been a great tool for building community and fostering creativity, we've realized our social network (the IS Tribe) is a much better tool. The network makes it possible to connect, while allowing others to contribute as much as we do. This provides for a larger contribution overall and lets us learn with others. Therefore, we've decided to focus exclusively on our network (http://illustratingstories.ning.com).
So what does this mean for you?
Subscriptions: Those will an IllustratingStories.com subscription will now get the blog feed from the network (in fact this post should arrive from there). This should happen without you needing to do anything.
Non-Members: There is so much to do within the network -- even if you're not a member:
- Read blog posts
- See/access content and member activity/discussions
- Watch videos (demos and Studio Time)
- Download FREE tools (our Capers are now FREE and are available with other tools, including tutorials and page plans)
- See the member Gallery
Members (Membership is FREE): In addition to what non-members can do, members can:
- Add content -- to their own blogs (available via the network) and to the community (moderated) blog
- Connect to us, the network, Facebook, and Twitter in one location
- Contribute to the gallery and create their own photo galleries/albums
- Upload videos
- Conduct video chats (for FREE!)
- Upload content (e.g., page plans, tools, etc.)
We hope you'll continue to follow our adventures and encourage you to explore all that the network has to offer. Most of all, we hope that this next leg of the journey inspires you as much as it does us and fosters many happy and creative days.
Thanks for all that you've given us here and three cheers for the next adventure!